Taco Soup

Well the cold weather has hit here in Kansas City, MO. Today's high was a whopping 30 degrees! When it gets cold outside, all I want to do is stay home in my jammies and cuddle up in bed. I did get out and hit the gym this morning even tho it was freezing. I just have to get my workout in :)

When it gets cold like this, I love a big bowl of soup to warm me up and one of my favorites is "Taco Soup", it's like Chili but so much tastier in my opinion.

The recipe makes a big batch so great for the whole family OR you can even freeze it. I have done that and it freezes well. I usually freeze mine in individual servings in small zip lock freezer bags. This way I can defrost only 1 serving at a time and just reheat it in the microwave.
  

Taco Soup

Serving Size : 16
----------------------------------------------------
42 ounces chili beans in zesty sauce -- 3 cans
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 lb. frozen corn
1 pound lean ground meat
1 chopped onion

In a Pam-sprayed pan, brown the meat and the onion together.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
----------------------------------------------------


Per Serving:
121 Calories
1g Fat
11g Protein
21g Carbohydrate
4g Dietary Fiber
736mg Sodium.

NOTES : Only 2 pts. per cup for those following Weight Watchers.

I also top mine with a little bit of 2% cheddar cheese and a couple crunched up bake tortilla chips. YUMMY! Of course the nutritional information would need to be adjusted after you add the extra stuff.

If you make this yummy soup, please let me know what you thought of it! Oh I should add that all my kids like it too so it's kid friendly which is always great :)

Have a wonderful evening!

Linking this post to: A Southern Fairy Tale


1 comments:

  1. Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

    wow this is a great idea! I have never seen a taco soup before!

    http://littlefatgirl.blogspot.com/
    http://eschelle-mumfection.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...