I made it for dinner tonight so decided to take some pictures and share the recipe with you all.
Yummy Low-Fat Jello Poke Cake
1 box white cake mix
12 oz. diet 7up (I used cherry diet 7up)
4 oz. box of sugar-free Jello (I used (2) 3oz. boxes but didn't use it all)
1 container Cool Whip Free
1. Open up the box of cake mix and pour into large mixing bowl. Add 12 oz. of diet 7up. Mix well. PLEASE NOTE: You do NOT add anything else to the cake mix, just the diet 7up. So you are leaving out the egg, oil, water, etc.
2. Pour mixed cake batter into a 13x9 inch baking pan sprayed with pam.
3. Bake according to cake mix package directions.
4. When cake is done baking, remove from oven to cool slightly.
5. When cake has cool slightly, take a fork and poke holes in the top.
6. Make the jello according to package directions competing ONLY the hot water part.
Do NOT add the cold water.
7. Pour the heated jello water all over the top of the cake.
7. Put cake in refrigerator to chill.
8. Once cake has chilled, top with fat-free cool whip.
9. And Enjoy!
This cake can make anywhere from 12 to 20 servings depending on what size you make each serving. I cut mine smaller so I make 20 servings.
There are so many different favor combinations you can make using a box cake mix and diet soda:
Chocolate Cake w/diet coke
Chocolate Cake w/diet cherry coke
Chocolate Cake w/diet root beer
White Cake w/diet orange soda
Banana Cake w/diet root beer
Lemon Cake w/diet 7-up
Lemon Cake w/diet ginger ale
Pineapple Cake w/diet Squirt
Red Velvet w/diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper
Spice Cake w/diet orange
Note: I don't always put the jello in my cake, for example when using chocolate cake mix, I don't use jello. Just make the cake with diet soda, bake and cool, then top with cool-whip.
I hope you enjoy! :)
Here's to a healthier you,