I won't eat store bought applesauce (just don't like it) but I do love homemade applesauce and have been craving it. So with the help of my daughter Gaby, we made a batch and wanted to share the recipe with you. If you have never had homemade applesauce you really need to try it. It's very easy and soooo good!!
What you will need:
- 5 small apples (we use organic) the smaller the apple the more flavor
- 1/2 cup water
- Splenda Brown Sugar blend *
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* I know there are better options out there to use like natural raw sugar but I didn't have any on hand, so I used what I had. You can use whatever sweetener you like best.
1. Peel, core and slice the apples.
2. Put the water and apples in a saucepan and cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat down to low and boil, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until apples start to get mushy.
4. Take a potato masher and mash them up a bit. We like them a bit chunky.
5. Stir in splenda. We taste the apples before this point and add alittle bit of splenda until sweeten. Many times the apples are sweet enough you don't need much if any.
6. Add cinnamon and stir.
7. Serve warm or cold. We like ours warm! Look how Yummy!
Here's to a healthier you,