This morning, I decided to cook up some oatmeal pancakes for breakfast and thought I would share the recipe with you. These are so yummy and very filling!
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon to taste
- Optional: 1/2 mashed up banana or 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
- Optional: Toppings (see below)
1. Mix together quick oats, egg whites, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
Optional: add 1/2 mashed banana or 2 tbsp. pumpkin to mixture. Let mixture sit for a couple minutes.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray, and pour batter into it and shape into a pancake with a spoon.
3. Cook for approx. 3 mins. When you can shake it around in the pan, it’s time to flip over.
4. Cook an additional 1-2 mins until cooked through.
5. Remove from skillet and top with syrup, peanut butter, canned pumpkin, or mashed banana . We topped ours with mashed bananas and peanut butter.
The above recipe makes one large pancake. I make the mixture for each one as I cook them. Perhaps you could multiple the recipe and make more at a time, but it works for me to make them one at a time as some of us like them with bananas and some with pumpkin.
Today I also tried something new and I think I like it better this way. I grinded up my oats before mixing them with the other ingredients. This made the oats into more of a flour texture. You can do it either way but I think I will do it this way from now on.
Here's to a healthier you,