Welcome to "Mom Getting Fit"!


Hello and welcome to "Mom Getting Fit", a blog dedicated to my life and the changes I am making to live it healthier.

My name is Shelly Eubanks, I am a 36 year old mom to 3 wonderful children and a grandma to the cutest baby girl I have ever seen :) I live in Kansas City, MO.

I live a busy life between work, kid's school/activities, get-togethers with family and friends and the every day running of a household. I am fortunate enough to own my own company and work from home and have been doing so for about 10 years now. Working from home has many advantages but among them also comes disadvantages. One of them being I was always too tired to cook dinner at the end of the day and too tired to exercise. So instead we ordered take-out and sat on the couch at night to relax after a long day of work.

As you can imagine, years of this bad practice led to weight gain, the feeling of always being tired and having no energy!

After years of living this way, it was time for a change!

I would like to say that I had an "Ah Ha" moment and decided to make the change but nothing exciting happened. I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of living like this. So on Dec. 9th, 2008, I joined a new gym that had just opened up in our town and I started eating better.

Now I have had several gym memberships in the past and at one point I had 3 different memberships (Curves, Local Gym and the YMCA) and didn't attend ANY of them. I have also dieted before using the Weight Watchers program and have lost weight only to gain some of it back.

This time it was going to be different and I just knew it. This time I am making permanent changes to my life. I'm NOT on a diet BUT I am eating healthier than I have ever ate in my life (including when I was doing weight watchers). I am exercising more than I have ever have in my life and for once I actually look forward to going to the gym everyday.

I am amazed at the changes I have made in my life and amazed at the changes I am going through mentally and physically. I have went from a fast-food-junkie-loving-couch-potato mom to a cleaner-eating-active mom and I am loving it!

Do I struggle? Of course I do! Has it been easy? Of course not! But I am determined and willing to make it last and within this blog I will share my journey through this lifestyle change. I hope you will join me for the ride - it's sure to be an exciting one!!


Here's to a healthier you,
Shelly

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    hey shelly. i think your doing great..and you look awesome...i did somewhat the same thing and i used to be 378 lbs and in 11 months i did the susanne somers diet...and now im 213. im so happy...but otherwise...you look so hot.. and i wish you were single...im ryan..projectmgr67@yahoo

  2. Anonymous said...

    Shelly,I think you look great! Keep up all the great work! You can do it.Kraftykat

  3. GETTING FIT if it kills me said...

    Shelly,

    Glad I found your blog. I recently decided to get in shape instead of finding excuses.

    Kim

  4. Mommy Rogers said...

    I'm six month pregnant and have dreams every night of never being able to get this baby weight off. I'm scared to death that on the second child with such a busy schedule I am going to stay fat. I've been very successful with Weight Watchers and lost 40 lbs. Back then I was single w/o obligation. Now I'm a full-time nurse, student, mom, and wife. Yikes! I know I can do it because I know how unhappy I am feeling fat and unattractive. I've run across your blog a lot lately- from St. Louis myself. I'll be back for more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...