Easy 4 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole

Today was a lazy Saturday. I didn't do much of anything, including not going to the gym. Since we weren't busy, I decided to experiment with a new recipe.

I really need to help the kids get back into the habit of eating healthier. They were doing so well there for awhile, but got sidetracked. Now that I'm back on track, the kids need to be as well!

I'm going to start cooking more for them, especially at breakfast when they usually eat a bowl of cold not-so-good-for-you cereal. So this morning I decided to whip up this low-calorie breakfast casserole. It was very easy to make, filling and the whole family liked it.

It's high in protein, low in fat and carbs. Serve it along with some fresh fruit and you have a great breakfast!


4 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 Whole Eggs
6 Egg Whites
1 1/3 cup shredded potatoes (I used Southwest Style Simply Potatoes)
1/2 cup 2% Shredded Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, mexican blend, it's totally up to you)
2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links (sliced into small pieces)

You will see that pitcher of yellow stuff in a lot of my pictures. Those are egg whites, we buy in bulk.

Ready to go into the oven

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ
Microwave the shredded potatoes for about 3-4 minutes to pre-cook them.*
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork
Spray an 8″ pie pan with nonstick spray and pour mixture into it.
Bake for 35 minutes

Slice into 4 large servings or 8 smaller servings.

* The first time I made this, the potatoes didn't cook completely, so the next time I make this, I will microwave the potatoes for a few minutes before mixing with the other ingredients to make sure they are completely cook when the dish has finished baking.


Hot out of the oven
Nutritional Information:
Per serving, based on 4 servings total

Calories 246
Total Fat 6g
Sodium 461mg
Total Carbohydrate 9g
Dietary Fiber 0.5g
Sugars 0g
Protein 17g

I hope you enjoy! If you make it please let me know. And if you have a family favorite breakfast casserole that's healthy, I would love for you to share it. I'll be looking for new things to try with the kids! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Happiness On The Inside said...

    All I have to say is yummy yummy yummy!!!!

  2. Jessica said...

    Looks great! I have all these ingredients so this will be breakfast tomorrow. BTW I'm your newest follower, hope you can stop by my newest blog http://fitandfabulousjess.blogspot.com. I am looking forward to have success like you. Love the blog ( mine is a work in progress) I might be asking for pointers on health and blogging!
    Jess

  3. Mom Getting Fit said...

    Thank you for stopping by! I will be sure to check out your blog!

    And please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them!

    All the best to you!
    Shelly

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...