Product Review: Filtrete Water Station

Filtrete Water Station

I was excited when I was contacted by the 3M company to see if I would be interested in reviewing their Filtrete Water Station. We are a family that goes through 60+ gallons of bottle water per month. That's a LOT of bottles! Even though we recycle the bottles, you can imagine how the cost adds up! So when I was approached with the opportunity to try a product that could save us money, I couldn't pass it up.

We already own one of those pitcher water filtering systems that is made by another company and my biggest complaint with that is the time it takes to fill up the pitcher. When I read up on this system, one of it's features was quick filtering, so that made me even more excited!

The day the Filtrete Water Station arrived, my 13 yr. old daughter and I were both in the kitchen. She was just as excited as I was. A new gadget to try out!. So after opening the box and reading the quick easy to follow instructions, we she got busy setting it up.

My thoughts:
The system was VERY easy to use. The water filtered very fast, unlike the pitcher we had used before. My daughter was able to set it up herself without any trouble. We put the bottles in the refrigerator and the boys both asked if they could have one when they came upstairs. I think the novelty of the bottle made them want to try it :)

About 15 minutes later, all 4 bottles were empty. They can of course be refilled quickly but you have to wash them first and then if you want cold water, you have to keep them in the frig until they chill. The company does sell extra bottles so this would solve the problem of having to refill bottles so often.

My biggest complaint with the system is the size of the bottles. It comes with (4) 16oz. bottles. I go through at least a gallon of water a day, so you can imagine how much I would have to filter to be able to use these bottles. Also I take water on the go with me and usually carry a 32oz. plastic water jug. I would have to take 2 of these water bottles for it to be enough. I really wish the company had different size options for bottles. A 32 oz. bottle would be perfect.

We did use the system for a few days (mainly the kids did) but really for our family who drinks so much water, it just didn't seem practical and who wants to spend all day refilling bottles. Now if you are a family that doesn't drink as much water as we do, this might be the perfect thing for you. For us, it just didn't cut it!

Facts about the Filtrete Water Station:

FILL
  • Revolutionary fast-flow filtration technology filters water and fills 4 grab & go bottles in just seconds – much faster than traditional filtering pitchers. 
  • Fill one, two, three or all four bottles at a time.
  • The water filter reduces chlorine taste and sediment from tap water to improve taste, odor and clarity of your water. 
  • Full bottles can be stored in the refrigerator. 
  • Extra bottles can be purchased separately.
GO
  • Includes 4 reusable grab & go bottles. 
  • Bottles are dishwasher safe and BPA-free. 
  • When bottles are removed from the Water Station, the docking station's valves prevent leaks, so no spills! 
  • Unique strap for on-the-go carrying features a leak-proof cap.
REUSE
  • Bottles are top rack dishwasher safe. 
  • Regular use can eliminate the cost and waste of up to 3,000 disposable water bottles per year. 
  • Filters last up to 100 gallons, or for about 3 months. 
  • Built-in Filter Change Indicator lets you know when it's time for a replacement. 
  • Recyclable filter housing is the same #2 plastic as a typical milk jug.
For more information about the Filtrete™ Water Station and other Filtrete™ water filtration products, such as our under-sink water filtration systems visit Filtrete.com/water.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...