Sticky Cola Chicken & Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

WOW, it's been a couple weeks since I updated my blog. Sorry, just been super busy with life. Still training hard and eating better. I'm not eating 100% clean but about 85-90% so that's good and even the "non-clean" stuff I eat is still lower in calories and fat.

I haven't done a weekly check-in, in awhile so I thought I would do one now. I weighed in this morning at 166lbs. That's total loss of 7lbs since I started My 2011 Goal I'm a little behind in where I was hoping to be at this stage but I had a couple weeks where I didn't eat well at all, so that's to be expected. I'm still very happy with the 7lbs gone! :) I also kicked up my workouts and I am finding it's making a difference. What I am doing now between weight training sets is running a lap around the gym. This really gets my heart pumping and helps to burn those calories. So as long as I stay on track with my food, I should have some really good losses coming up.

I have a couple new recipes to share with you! I use to make them all the time when I was following weight watchers and decided to make them again for the family. Everyone loves this, even the kids do and it's super easy to make! It's not a "clean" meal but really low in calories and fat.


Sticky Cola Chicken
Serves 4-5

Ingredients:
4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 cup ketsup
(1) 12oz.  can of diet coke

Directions:
Put chicken in a non-stick skillet.
Pour ketsup and diet coke over chicken and stir until mixed well.
Turn heat to medium high and cook chicken for approx. 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook another 15-20 mins.
Remove lid and cook until sauce thickens and sticks to chicken.

Sauce will taste like BBQ sauce and the chicken is very tender.

Note: You can also make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches with this. Simply us 2 forks and pull chicken apart about 15 minutes before it's finished cooking.

Nutritional Information:
Coming Soon
Old Weights Watchers Points: 1 point per oz. of chicken

Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Serves 8 (2/3 cups per serving)

Ingredients:
10 medium red potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs)
1/2 cup buttermilk, warmed
1/2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3 tbsp)
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/8 ts. black pepper

Directions:
Wash potatoes and cut into fours (keep skins on), place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until cooked (fork tender). Drain and return potatoes to pot. Mashed potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.

Nutritional Information:
Coming Soon
Old Weights Watchers Points: 2 points per serving


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...