We have been looking into joining a local CSA program but were still undecided for a few reasons:
- They don't let you substitute what produce you receive. You get what you get! Now I'm all for trying something new, but if there were items you already know you didn't like, you are still stuck with them.
- You are locked into a contract for a certain amount of time.
- You have to drive and pick it up at the location each week and can only put a hold in place once. So if you are gone a week and don't pick up, you just lose out.
Not really bad things but enough to keep be holding off from signing up just yet.Well, I was watching the news the other day and they had a story on about this company that delivers local fresh organic produce right to you door. So I logged into their website and began looking around. This service sounds so much better than the CSA program:
- You get to pick which size box you want, if you want it every week or every other week.
- You can change out items you don't like for items you do like.
- You can cancel at anytime or even put it on hold if you don't need anything for a while.
- It's delivered right to your door!
All for about the same cost as what we were going to pay for the CSA program. It sounded perfect! So I signed up and we should receive our first box this coming Friday. We ordered the large box. I will be sure to post pictures and let you know what I think of it!You can visit their website at: Door To Door Organics the service is only offered in certain areas.
Here's to a healthier you,