Better Kid's Snacks

OK I just wanted to share with you the changes I have made when it comes to my kid's snacks.

Where we live the kids are asked to bring in a small snack to school every day. So for the past 4 years since we have lived here, my kids have taken the pre-package snacks (cookies, chips, crackers, etc). Not very healthy at all. :(

Well since starting this lifestyle change, I have also changed what I buy for their snacks. So now instead of pre-packaged stuff they take:
  • fresh fruit
  • fruit & cheese kabobs
  • hummus and pita
  • celery with natural peanut butter
  • apples with natural peanut butter
  • healthy homemade muffins or bars

This is also what they eat when they get home from school instead of the pre-packaged stuff like they use to.

So little changes being made and the kids are doing ok with it so far. My daughter did ask me last night "Can we just have 1 break from this lifestyle". LOL I thought that was cute!


Here's to a healthier you,
Shelly

3 comments:

  1. Lynn said...

    My daughter's favorite snacks are cheese sticks, grapes, raisins, apples slices with cinnamon on them, and toast. Not too bad.

    I still let her have cookies or candy; in small doses and not particularly often. I know that when I was a kid, I wasn't allowed soda AT ALL EVER and I just recently managed to cut down from my 5 - 9 cans a day habit... I think a special treat from time to time keeps them from rebelling off and doing exactly what you don't want them to do when you can't watch them :D

  2. Mary :: A Merry Life said...

    Thats cute. Its so awesome of you to give your kids healthy snacks instead of sugary preprocessed stuff. They might complain now but they will appreciate it in the future. I wish my mom had done it!

  3. Mom Getting Fit said...

    Thanks for stopping by ladies!

    Lynn, I have never tried apples with cinnamon, I will have to try that on them, I bet they will like it. And they do get cookies and candy but not like they use to :) and now I make the cookies instead of buying them prepackaged so they are a bit better for them.

    Thanks again for stopping by! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...