What I Ate Today!

Ok I was asked by a sweet friend of mine to post what I ate today so here goes!

I am currently on a soft diet (because of oral surgery) so that kindof limits what I can eat, so my normal day would be a bit different but this gives you an idea.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter and 1/2 sliced banana (YUM)
Herbal Tea with 1 tsp. honey

Post Workout Snack:
Protein Shake (2 scoops rice protein, 8oz. soy milk, frozen banana)

Lunch:
Chicken salad (made with corn, canola mayo, mustard, cilantro, onions and pepper)
served in green leaf lettuce cups
plum
some grapes

Snack:
Banana
2 tbsp. natural peanut butter

Dinner:
Mexican Lasagna (this was YUM, see note below)
plum

Snack:
1 piece dove chocolate
herbal tea with 1 tsp. honey

I also drank a gallon water which I do everyday (anywhere from 1 gallon to 1 1/2 gallons a day). It's the only thing I drink aside from the hot tea and the soy milk in my protein shake.

And I just realized I ate 2 1/2 bananas. Normally I would have an apple in place of a banana or hummus and carrots or wasa crackers but since I'm on a soft food diet, I can't have those right now.

Ok now to talk about the Mexican Lasagna. This was REALLY good! Everyone in the family loved it except my picky daughter, I did get her to taste it tho (I will share how in a different post). Once again, I got the recipe from "Meal Makeover Moms". Love them :)

I changed a couple things from the recipe. I used whole wheat flour tortillas and I used 10oz. lf cottage cheese and 2 cups lf cheddar cheese. It turned out great :)

So that's it! Nothing fancy! But it was good and filled me up! :)

Here's another sample menu of what I eat as well as a list of food changes I have made.

Here's to a healthier you,
Shelly

2 comments:

  1. Robin said...

    Hey Shelly,
    can you explain to me a "soft food" diet and why a person would be on one? just curious. thanks, Robin

  2. Mom Getting Fit said...

    Robin,

    I am only on it because I had oral surgery and had 15 stitches in my mouth and couldn't chew anything hard! :)

    Shelly

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...