This has been a favorite recipe of mine for a couple years now. I started making it when I was on weight watchers and still make it today. It's very easy and very yummy! Of course you can always buy the pre-made rotisserie chicken at the grocery store but you never know how long it's been sitting there under the warming lamp or what kind of chicken or seasoning they use. This way is so easy, there really is no reason not to make it yourself.
4-5 Lb Whole Chicken
Seasoning (any seasoning you like, I watch my sodium so I don't use salt but I do use a garlic mixture w/out sodium that I buy at Sam's Club)
1. Roll tin foil into little balls and place in bottom of crockpot.
2. Wash chicken and pat dry.
3. Season the inside of the chicken and the outside really well.
4. Place chicken on top of the tin foil (so the foil will hold the chicken up from the bottom) . I place it breast side down.
5. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH 4-5 Hours!
It MUST be cooked on HIGH to get the Rotisserie taste. It comes out very juicy and good! You can change up the seasoning for different flavors: cajun, lemon pepper, garlic, etc.
And this is what it looks like when it's done:
This is the seasoning I use. I get it at Sam's Club. It is really good and only $3.99 for that huge bottle.
And this is the whole chicken I get from Target:
Here's to a healthier you,