Today's Eats

Today was a Great day. I stayed on track all day even tho we went to an MMA fight, I didn't cheat so I felt good. I took my snack with me :)

I am also down 3 lbs since arriving home from Vegas. I knew most (if not all) of it was water weight so I would drop it pretty fast. So that's a good thing.

So Today's Eats are as follows...

Breakfast:1/4 cup plain oatmeal with honey
Vanilla-Banana-Carmel Protein shake

Morning Snack:
Vanilla-Banana-Carmel Protein shake
10 gummy bears

Lunch:
Bean and Chicken Dump:
This is something I have made before when I didn't know what to cook for lunch so started throwing stuff together. I take a can of no-salt pinto beans, left over Rotisserie Chicken , ½ can corn, and salsa and mixed it all together and heat. Then topped it with diced avocado. Makes 2 servings. It's really good and easy to throw together. It could also be put in tortillas and eaten as a taco.

After-noon Snack:Zone bar and banana

Dinner:Taco Soup:
I love this soup and use to eat it all the time when I was on WW. It's only 2 points per serving. It's pretty high in sodium tho so I don't eat it as much now since I watch my sodium intake.

Taco Soup

Serving Size : 16
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
42 ounces chili beans in zesty sauce -- 3 cans
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 lb. frozen corn
1 pound lean ground meat
1 chopped onion

In a Pam-sprayed pan, brown the meat and the onion together.

Combine the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving:
121 Calories
1g Fat
11g Protein
21g Carbohydrate
4g Dietary Fiber
736mg Sodium.

NOTES : Only 2 pts. per cup for those following Weight Watchers.

I also top mine with a little bit of 2% cheddar cheese and a couple crunched up bake tortilla chips. YUMMY! Of course the nutritional information would need to be adjusted after you add the extra stuff.

This is a Great meal for those colder nights as it reminds me of chili.

I also had a Great workout today. We did Back, Biceps, & Triceps and 30 mins. of cardio. I had someone email me and ask how long I workout each day and how many days. I workout with my boyfriend Matthew and we are usually in the gym for about 2 hours, 5 days a week. I know not everyone can commit to that long but remember we workout together so it takes alittle longer than if I was just working out on my own.

Well it's late and I am ready for bed! Have a Great weekend!!

Here's to a healthier you,
Shelly

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Taco soup sounds tasty! :) I emailed my Mom that chicken recipe too! I will let you know when I try it! :) THX!

  2. Mom Getting Fit said...

    TJ,

    yes please tell me what you think and if you change anything up! I always like to try something different! A friend of mine made the chicken the other night with a southwest seasoning and she said it was really good and a little spicy. So I gotta try that soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...