Oatmeal Egg White Crepes w/Peanut Butter & Honey

I have a new addiction for breakfast. My boyfriend (UPDATE: now My Husband :) started making these for me and I am now addicted to them. They are really easy to make and are low in calories.

Oatmeal Egg White Crepes w/Peanut Butter & Honey



INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Egg Whites (I use egg whites from "Egg Whites International")
1 cup quick Oatmeal
Natural Peanut Butter
Honey

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. First, blend the quick oats in a blender at high speed, this will make it more powder like, and set it aside.

  2. Next, pour 2 cups Egg Whites into the blender, then blend on low speed.

  3. Slowly add the quick oats back to the blender. Once both are blended a little turn the speed on the blender up to high and blend for 30 seconds.

  4. Heat a skillet sprayed with pam on medium heat.

  5. Slowly pour in the batter. The more you pour in the pan the bigger it will be so adjust accordingly. Once in the pan you can thin it out by lifting the pan off the burner and swirling it a little to spread the batter out wider (Note: The batter will be very thin, kind of watery, not thick like pancake batter).

  6. Once cooked on one side, flip it over.

  7. While it is cooking the other side you can add the peanut butter. It is a little hard to spread Natural Peanut Butter so do your best. When it is done place it on a plate, roll it up and top with honey. YUM!

I have also had them with sliced bananas in the middle as well as Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter drizzled with a lil sugar-free chocolate syrup. The ones pictured are the peanut butter and honey and the dark chocolate peanut butter and chocolate syrup. They are really good!

Here's to a healthier you,
Shelly

6 comments:

  1. Sunshine Mama said...

    Those do look really good and they don't sound too hard to make. Now, if I can just get my husband to make them. ha, ha. Actually last night he made this little mix and cooked up my chicken breast on the grill last night and...wow... I don't know what I was thinking, I should have had him make up three or four more for later. Thanks for following.
    Great job on the weight loss. You look great!

  2. jo said...

    Yum, I'm going to have to try those!

  3. Unknown said...

    I wish I had the stuff to make these RIGHT NOW! Sounds SO good! Thanks for the recipe! :)

  4. Mom Getting Fit said...

    Sunshine Mama, thanks for stopping by. These are really easy to make. Let me know if you try them and what you think about them. I love to grill out and I eat alot of chicken. A tip I use when cooking chicken breast is to pound them out thin and then grill them. They cook much faster and don't dry out as much because of it. Give it a try!

    Jo and TJ, thanks for stopping by! If you make them, let me know what you think! :)

  5. Anonymous said...

    Just made them! So amazing and simple! Thanks so much!

  6. Unknown said...

    Great Post Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...